Your item will need to be packed well as all major couriers use robots and conveyor belts. Think of how your suitcase is handled by airports and baggage reclaim carousels, couriers use similar processes at their depots and hubs. Your parcel may travel several miles by conveyor before it reaches its final destination.
Materials and Tools Required
- Strong double wall cardboard box/carton. World Parcels can supply UPS, FedEx, DHL and TNT boxes, bags, envelopes and document wallets for free. Alternatively you can use your own such as those available from Amazon, who have a greater selection of box sizes compared to our carrier partners
- Packing material (e.g. bubble wrap, foam peanuts, paper)
- Packing tape
- Parcel labels
- Parcel document wallet/pouch (for deliveries outside the EU)
- Postal scales
- Tape measure
- Place your item in the cardboard box and surround with packing material. Imagine dropping your parcel from waist height (drop test) - will the contents be undamaged? Ensure the box is completely filled to protect your item but not overfilled so the box bulges out.
- Insert packing slip and second copy of address label into box (in case external label falls off).
- Secure box with packing tape as per photograph.
- For shipments outside the EU, attach a document wallet and insert 4 signed copies of a commercial invoice with the correct commodity code (HS tariff code).
- Measure the dimensions of the parcel in cm and weight in kg.
- Book your shipment, attach your address label securely and await collection.
- When sending TNT shipments please also print two copies of the manifest and hand them to the driver. The parcel will not track correctly without them.
- Please do not ship goods solely in the manufacturer's box as couriers will not accept liability for any damage. Instead pack the box within a secondary cardboard box.
- Don’t tape two parcels together but send them individually in the same consignment via our multiple parcel tool. Our courier partners will not accept parcels taped together as they often become detached.